Sale of your current property
When the time comes to sell your house, it is crucial that you obtain professional legal advice due to the complexity of Queensland laws relating to sales and purchases of residential property. Obtaining poor, incorrect or simply no advice at all may cost you thousands of dollars and possible legal ramifications.
At Lake Law, we understand the stresses associated with selling and moving houses and we aim to provide tailored professional legal services and ensure that your transition is smooth, simple and pain free.
We offer a fixed professional fee for a standard residential conveyance of $580.00 inclusive of GST.
Our fees are inclusive of (but not limited to):
- Reviewing your sales contract;
- Initial letter to you with critical dates of the contract;
- Checking and arranging signing of transfer documents;
- Liaising with you, agent, and buyer’s solicitors;
- Liaising with your bank (often the most time-consuming part of your sale);
- Drafting settlement figures; and
- Preparing and attending settlement on your behalf.
Due to a recent change in Legislation, if you are selling your property with a selling price of over $750,000.00, you are required to obtain a Clearance Certificate issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) prior to settlement. If there is more than one seller, each seller has to apply for the Clearance Certificate. If you fail to do so, the buyer of your property is obliged to withhold 12.5% of the purchase price and pay this to the ATO. Please advise us if you require us to apply for an ATO Clearance Certificate on your behalf. Please note that extra charges apply.